Monday, March 5, 2012

   So the last week or so it hit me that I don't have this precious little baby anymore, Lauren is growing up to be such a little lady and honestly it's hit me harder then I thought it ever would. I was always that mom that couldn't wait until my kids could sit up, stand, walk, talk, etc. Well now, I want all those moments back, well most of those moments ;)  I registered Lauren for kindergarten last week and I had to choke back the tears and now today she does her own hair, I know I know, she does her own hair, no big deal right???? I guess it can be one little thing that hits you and makes you realize that she's growing up. I never thought I would have such a hard time with her growing up, but it's definitely harder then I thought it would be.  I know I can't keep her from going to school or anything like that but I know the day I drop her off, there will be lots of tears. I'm not sure what I'll do with all my free time when school starts this fall, I guess the good thing is that she'll only be in kindergarten for a half day instead of a full day. It's just hard to think about because she's with me 24/7, if I have to run to the store she's with me, if I have a coffee/lunch date she's with me, she's my little sidekick and in a few short months, my sidekick will be in school. I know I'll be ok when that day comes but right now I just want to make the best of all these moments.

No comments:

Post a Comment