Thursday, September 29, 2011

    Yes, yes it's been awhile since I've posted something but I haven't really had anything to talk about....until now ;) So before we moved to Morton I had a bit of a complex, ok well I have lots of them but I'm just talking about 1 in particular right now. For some reason, I didn't like being known as "Tanya Kauffman" the girl who used to party non-stop, the girl who used to date Lamar's best friend, Angie, Lisa, and Wendall's sister....you guys get the idea. I wanted to be known just as Tanya Schrock, and I realized tonight that that's who I am, just good ol' Tanya. So I need to back up a bit to let you know how I got to this point, hold on because it's super exciting, haha. I started going to a bible study at Grace Church here in Morton and the 2nd week I went I met this super sweet lady named Sonja. She was just one of those ladies that you know she is truly genuine and just has a good heart. We've been talking the last couple of weeks and I ran into her tonight at Peyton's soccer game(her son is on the same team as Peyton) well she introduced me to this other lady and so we were all chatting for a bit. And Sonja had told this other lady why we moved and all that good stuff, well as we continued talking it hit me. No one knows me as Tanya Kauffman, they know me as Tanya Schrock, the girl who's family moved to help with a church plant. I feel like God is saying that this is a new start for me and that I don't have to live in anyone's shadow. Now I don't want you to think that I don't want anyone to know my family or what I've been through or anything like that because I do love my family but sometimes it's nice to just be known for me. I just love seeing how God works, I mean, something like this might not be that big of a deal to someone else but for me, it's a pretty big deal. I have to say that I'm pretty excited to have a new start and I'm so thankful that God opened my eyes to this.

1 comment:

  1. It's tough being a woman in another womans shadow....even if that other woman is you! Thankful that God showed you this. (I love Tanya Schrock, she's the only Tanya I know too!)

    ReplyDelete