Monday, June 27, 2011
My day started out at about 6:15am(yes that's am, I don't get out of bed before 7:30) and it wasn't a good thing that it started that early. Our new dog Mia decided that she had to go potty and I woke Lamar to see if he wanted to let her out, just because he mentioned the night before that he had a lot of work to do and needed to get started early. Anyway, it was a good thing Mia needed to go potty because Lamar discovered that we had water coming in our drain....again. That's the 3rd time in 4 weeks, we had a plumber come out 4 weeks ago to clear the drain and Lamar had to clear it out again himself a week later, neither of us were very happy. Well needless to say when Lamar got to the basement there was water everywhere, he came in and woke me up to tell me what was going on. I was trying to not freak out because we have a root issue and eventually we have to have professionals come in to get all the roots out, which will cost us about $3,000 because we have that kind of money just laying around. So I start crying because I'm thinking that we're going to have to spend tons of money to get the water out of the basement and we're going to have to bite the bullet and clear the roots. In the meantime I was texting Angie and Amy, I kind of told them what was going on and they both said that they will be praying and hopefully everything will turn out ok. Well thank goodness for prayers because Lamar was able to clear the drain and Ben came over to help us get the water out of the basement. So about 60-80 gal of water later, the basement was clear, not completely dry but no more standing water :) I was talking to Angie later this afternoon and she told me that she was praying all day for us and asking God that it would cost half as much to get this taken care of, well thanks for the prayers girls but it cost much less then half :) I'm just so incredibly thankful that no matter what's going on people are willing to pray about it, even if it is an issue with water in the basement. I'm also thankful that we have people in our lives that are so willing to come and help us out, so thanks Ben, you are awesome and Lamar and I are so thankful you were able to come and help us out. I'm definitely not happy how today started but I'm happy that God reminded me that no matter what He's always there to answer your prayers, even if it still includes hours and hours of vacuuming up water ;)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment