Wednesday, February 9, 2011
Pride
You know pride can be such an evil thing, it can totally go to your head and make you think that you're better then everyone else, it makes you think and act differently, I hate pride. Well these last few weeks have got me thinking about it more and more. Since it's getting closer to us moving I've had more people tell me that it's so amazing what we're doing, what you're doing is very heroic, etc....and as much as I like to hear that I feel like people are seeing more of what we're doing and not why we're doing it. It's not like one day we just decided to pack up and move just because we wanted to, God planted this in Lamar and well, after lots and lots of prayer God planted that seed in me too. I just want people to see that we're doing this for God and not ourselves, I mean, yeah it's a big step to pick up and move to another town when you don't know anyone else, even to buy a house when you haven't sold the one you live in now, that's a huge step of faith but I also fully believe that because we are doing what God has asked of us that He's going to bless us, and He's already blessed us immensly. I just hate the way pride can sneak up on you and it slaps you in the face before you even know what's going on. I am going to continue to pray against pride because it's an evil thing and I don't want to have anything to do with it :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment