Tuesday, May 31, 2011
Positive/Negative Thinking
I've recently started reading Joyce Meyer's book Battlefield of the Mind and so far its been really good. There's so much information to take in that I have to read 2-3 chapters at a time because I feel like I need to really absorb what she's saying. Today one of the chapters that I read was about positive thinking, and I think I've actually blogged a little bit about this before. But anyway, she was saying that she used to be an extremely negative person and she always thought the worst things would happen to her, like she always had this weird feeling in her stomach and she immediately thought something bad was going to happen. Holy crap, that's exactly how I am and I hate, hate, hate that this is how I am. She basically said that she had to totally change her thinking process, obviously, but it was also something that was really difficult to do. So of course, I am all about wanting to change my thinking process. I hate that I always think something bad is going to happen. Yes, I know that bad things happen to everyone but if every bad thing happened to me that I've thought of, well I would have been dead a long time ago. It's so crazy how your mind can take you to all these "places" if you just let it. I know changing my way of thinking is definitely going to be a process but I seriously hate all the negativity that goes on in my mind. I really don't remember that last time that I was truly, honestly happy and that's really sad to me. So once again, I have found ANOTHER thing that I have to work on, at the rate I'm going I might not ever get to be the person that I truly want to be.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment