Tuesday, May 10, 2011
Total Intimidation
Have any of you ever been intimated by anything or anyone? I'm sure that you have and if you haven't well, good for you. Tonight Peyton had a t-ball game and Lauren and I were just sitting there watching the game and then all of the sudden, this lady sits down beside us. And I look over and smile and then it hits me, holy crap this woman is beautiful, now please don't think I'm weird because I said that, but she really was beautiful. She was tall and skinny, had long blonde hair, perfect skin and then I immediately start evaluating myself. I think ok I really need to grow my hair out, even though I just cut it, I need to lose about 10 pounds, I need a tan, I need a whole new wardrobe...etc. Yes, I really did think those things and I really hope that I'm not the only one who has ever thought this about someone. But there was just something about her, and you could tell that she didn't spend hours doing her hair and I don't even know if she was wearing any make-up but she just looked genuinely beautiful. I hated the way I totally sat there and judged myself because someone once told me that if I tell myself that I'm ugly then it's basically saying that God is ugly because He created me. I know that God thinks that I'm beautiful, no matter what and yes, that makes me happy. I don't need to compare myself to anyone else because I'm not going to be like them, I'm just me and God loves me for who I am :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment