Wednesday, May 25, 2011
Summer Reading.
Well I am in the middle of reading about 4 different books and for me that's a lot because I like to read but I don't LOVE it. Now 3 of the books are encouraging, not really self-help books but there just good books and well the other one, it's not the best book but it's very interesting, it's Steven Tyler's book and it's interesting to see how a rockstar actually lived and all that stuff. Anyway, so one of the other books that I'm reading is So Long Insecurity by Beth Moore and I've read 2 chapters so far and it has hit me like a ton of bricks. I realize that I'm a pretty insecure person and I don't really like to admit that but hey I'm looking to change that so that's why I'm putting this out there, so people can hold me accountable. I just hate the feeling of being insecure but unfortunately it's where I'm at in my life but at least I'm willing to step up and change it. It's like a said in my post a few days ago, that it's really hard to figure out the "negative" things about yourself, but if you're willing and ready to change those things then that's good I guess. Part of me doesn't want to finish reading the book, I know I know I'm 2 chapters in, because of what else I might discover about myself but what good is that going to do me if I stop reading the book, because I'm afraid of what else I might discover then how and I going to fix it. At least I'm willing to make the changes that I need to but sometimes it's still hard to "hear" what you need to change, even though I know that I'll be better in the long run. So here's to my journey of changing and becoming a better person.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment