Saturday, January 29, 2011
My 2 Favorite Peeps.
Have any of you ever had a friend or friends that you could hang out with all the time and you would never get tired of them? Well last night I realized how much a certain couple means to me. We hang out with Eric and Amy quite a bit, usually on Sunday nights we'll get together and play cards and Amy and I usually go for breakfast together once a week. Well Eric hasn't been feeling well this week and they had to take him to the ER in Springfield last night to have them check out his heart. Amy had sent me a text to tell me that they were taking him in and my heart just stopped for a bit and I almost had a freak out moment but I composed myself, I just wanted to jump in the car and drive to Springfield to be with Amy but unfortunately I was in Champaign and we had my mom and dad with us. So on the way home I just kept praying for them and I realized how much these 2 people mean to me, we've become so close and I just love them to pieces. I was talking to Eric's mom at work today and I was asking her how he was doing this morning because I hadn't heard anything yet, well as she was talking I started crying and I had to walk away. I mean I know that he's had to deal with this all his life but now that we're such good friends and I know how hard it is on Amy, it just broke my heart thinking about what she was going through last night. I know that we will never find another Eric and Amy to hang out with when we move and honestly I don't want to, these 2 people are some of my favorites and they have no idea how much I will miss them when we move. And yes, Eric and I "fight" a lot but I know that he loves me and that he's going to miss me, even if he would never admit it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Eric says he hates you, even as he has tears streaming down his face. lol I told him to read it as I knew I wouldn't make it through it if I read it to him. I can't believe how close we've become over the last year and a half. Like I told you Sunday night, when I allow myself to think about you guys leaving, I lose it. I cannot express how much we'll miss you. :*( So, yeah, your blog brought us to tears...
ReplyDeleteI know, I can't believe how close we've become either. I can honestly say that Lamar and I have never had friends like you guys and you both mean the world to us. I haven't let myself go completely to moving to Peoria just yet because I know once I start, the tears are not going to stop.
ReplyDelete